- Leigh Riddle, Internal Audit Manager, OSI Systems Inc.
Arbutus Analyzer is a powerful data access and analysis solution that auditors, business analysts, and fraud investigators use to access and analyze data quickly and simply. Its robust performance and easy to use features gives you the shortest route to answers in your data.
Desktop or centralized analytics
Analyzer is used as part of a desktop-based analytics approach that gives users of all levels the ability and confidence to perform difference making analysis. When used with Arbutus server technology (Enterprise Edition), Analyzer is also a seamless interface to support and manage centralized analytics.
What makes Analyzer different?
- Capabilities - An unparalleled combination of desktop based data access and analysis capabilities
- Performance - Difference making performance…from Big Data to simple spreadsheets, Analyzer is optimized to give the fastest performance when processing your analytics
- Development - Product development and support that makes Analyzer the technology leader for audit analytics
- Licensing Options - Flexible, budget friendly licensing options. Whether you are currently using a different analytics solution or are looking to adopt this type of technology of the first time, there are many options available for licensing Analyzer
- Data Integrity + Profiling - Analyzer allows you to preserve and verify the integrity of your source data before profiling your data to understand its key attributes
- Data Analysis - Built-in analytics that are designed to give you insightful results quickly
- Usability - Analyzer is a technology that is friendly for both individual use and team collaboration
- Audit Specific - Analyzer has the unique requirements of auditors covered from self-documenting log file to sample selection and more
- Multiple data sources - Analyzer makes multiple, disparate data sources into opportunities, not barriers, for audit examination
- Advanced - Go beyond what your current tools offer with Analyzer
- Data Access - Analyzer can help you access all of your data regardless of where or how it is stored
How does Analyzer work?
Analyzer can be deployed on either a physical or virtual desktop environment. It can be used as a stand-alone application for analytics or as part of a comprehensive centralized data access and analysis configuration.
Powerful and efficient
People use different metaphors to describe Analyzer. Some call it a ‘Swiss Army Knife’ because if can be used for so many things. Some describe it as a ‘toolbox’ full of data analysis tools. What it is designed to be is the right tool for departments where audit, fraud and business analysis needs to occur within a diverse and changing data environment by users with varied, but valuable skills and experiences. We have listed some, but certainly not all, of Analyzer’s well thought out capabilities in meeting the demanding needs of our users.
Data Integrity and profiling
- Verify – used to identify data validity errors in your data
- Statistics – calculate profile statistics such as highest, lowest and range on numeric or date fields
- Stratify – count the number of records falling into specified intervals (strata) of numeric or elapsed time field
- Classify/Summarize – generate summary data use one or multiple key fields
- Read only – unlike spreadsheets, your raw data sources cannot be changed when using Analyzer, ensuring the integrity of your analysis
- Age – perform an aging analysis on any appropriate date field
- Crosstab – used in the same way as a pivot table in Excel, Crosstab creates hyperlinked summary results for easy drive down capabilities
- Gaps – identify any gaps in a sequence of numbers
- Duplicates – test for a wide range of duplicates from exact to fuzzy
- Sharing – from a desktop-only environment, create shared folders that all members of your team can use to shared data sources, scripts and results
- Interface – Analyzer is designed to give you the best interface between your data and the analysis you want to perform.
- Benford’s – easily apply a Benford’s Law analysis to your data file
- Sampling – generate monetary unit and record samples. Analyzer can also be used to calculate your statistically valid sample size
- Self-Documenting Log – all analysis and results generated by Analyzer are recorded in a read only log file
Multiple Data Sources
- Join – An intuitive interface, including a Venn diagram, for bringing together different data sources using a wide range of joins.
- Relations – easily create logical relationships between multiple data sources or recreate the relationships from among different database tables
- Compare – commonly used to compare files from two different periods of time to identify what fields have changes and/or what records have been added or deleted
- SQL – execute the advanced join capabilities of SQL from within Analyzer
- Merge/Append – used to combine or append data sources of the same structure
- SQL – easily Combine the strengths of Analyzer with the unique, powerful capabilities of SQL
- Scripting/Procedures – create customized, repeatable analytics, both simple and complex using the purpose built analysis language of Arbutus
- Functions – over 100 functions to support data analysis from categories such as Fuzzy matching, Conversion, Date/time, String, Bit/Char, Financial, Logical and Math
- Multiple Data Sources – define and access a wide range of data sources including most databases, Excel, PDF’s and XML
- Direct Access – have live, direct access to databases
New features in Arbutus 6.2
Arbutus v.6.2 - Over 50 new or improved features that make it easier to access, analyze, and search for data, automate & schedule procedures, export results, notify stakeholders, and manage your licensing
- Arbutus Connect - a comprehensive suite of new data connectors (Active Directory, Excel, MySQL, SQL Server, etc)
- Arbutus Database Explorer - preview and format your data prior to downloading
- Speed time to visualization - export directly to Tableau TDE format
- Improved security - prevent local storage with Arbutus Server configuration
- Arbutus SmartApps - access 60+ SmartApps automatically as part of install
- Arbutus QuickStats - highlight cells to see total, average, and count
- Expanded Fuzzy Matching - improve audit findings with meaningful fuzzy matches using Dice's Coefficient
- ArbutusLearning - new online learning portal. Get up to speed quickly and work at your own pace OR refresh your Arbutus skillsets if you haven't been to training in a while.